Focussing on the outdoors, walking in the Peak District, exploring Buxton town, conversations on the hill and by the fire, home-cooked food.
A weekend in the Peak District focussing on hillwalking, site seeing and home cooked food.
My name is Anthea Davies and I live in Buxton, Derbyshire.
As part of the crowdfunding project for Campfire Convention, I am pleased to be offering, with the support of others, to host a weekend in this historic spa town of Buxton in the heart of the picturesque Peak District. Pete Lawrence, our firestarter, is planning to provide some additional sparks to the weekend and will facilitate some activities and conversations during our time together.
This will be an event focussing on the outdoors, with an invigorating, energising walk on the Saturday as well as time to explore Buxton town itself during your stay. Accommodation will be provided in the centre of Buxton, providing easy access to all parts of the town.
Wholesome home cooked food will be offered as part of the package.
Possible activities for the weekend include:-
- Hill walking in stunning Derbyshire countryside.
- Tour of the town on foot or on the Buxton electric ‘Tram’.
- A visit to the tiny St Anne’s church in Higher Buxton: possibly the oldest building in town. Time out in Scrivener’s Bookshop – one of the country’s most interesting secondhand bookshops.
- A visit to Buxton Museum and The Green Man Gallery.
- A backstage tour of Buxton Opera House followed by a visit to Buxton Taphouse to sample some unusual local ales.
- A visit to Poole’s Cavern, followed by a stroll up through Grinlow woods to Solomon’s Temple for good views of the town.
There may not be enough time to cover all of these activities so the idea is that the programme of activities will be firmed up when guests have indicated their preferences. There may be a small charge for certain activities/transport.
Location: Buxton town centre
Date: August 9th-11th 2019
Timings: Arrival for supper between 6.30pm and 7.30pm on Friday
Leave on Sunday at about 5pm
Price: £140 to include two nights’ accommodation and all main meals
Numbers: Up to maximum of eight guests
To book this excursion please go to the Campfire Fundrazr page https://fundrazr.com/perks/8GUd5?ref=ab_07ojp1