Uploading a post - tagging and selection options
Creating a post and then assigning it to the correct place/s on the site is all about the tagging and selection options.
Unlike the simple 'Status Update' option on your wall, a Post is available from the 'Create Content' button on the bottom right of your large cover image on your Profile as well as the ability create Projects and Events from this place.
You will notice that there are various post types which all allow you to create a different style of document.
- Article (the recommended format, useful if your Post is text dominant, but you can also add all other media into the body)
- Image gallery (if the focus of your post is your pictures..you can also add descriptive text and a map)
- Video (if you want to highlight a link to a YouTube or Vimeo video..again you can add a map and text if needed)
- Playlist (currently enabled for Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, Vimeo.. you can add text, URL links and a map if needed)
- Links set (designed as a place to keep related links together ..plus space for text and a map if needed)
- Document upload (add a PDF, Excel, Word or Powerpoint file here..plus text and a map if needed)
Visibility across site for Posts
The default visibility is to appear only on your own Profile but our ethos is about sharing creativity and information around the Campfire so we'd encourage you to make others aware of your creative genius. If you would like the post to be considered for publication in the overall site magazine, The Bugle, then select from the 'themes'. Likewise, if the post is of interest to a Guild of which you are a member, flag it to notify the editors of that Guild ('visibility' window - select 'Guild' > then choose the relevant Guild and tag the key interests accordingly).
If you think the article is useful to the community in general, selecting 'Library' in the visibility window will flag your Post for the Librarian.
If you would like to save it as a personal 'resource' select the checkbox for resources under 'Visibility'. You will then see it in your Resources tab on your Profile page. (further tagging is possible by identifying the Resource type)
A feature image will automatically show at the top of the page and as the default thumbnail in previews.
You can drop an image, video thumbnail, or link to an article into the body of your post wherever you want, by using the 'image' and 'insert media embed' buttons
You can add a gallery which will appear after the main article