A mobile app for people who want to share their knowledge and skills to get in touch with people who want to learn.
- Sharing knowledge feels good.
- Enthusiasm is better shared.
- Teaching others your special skills develops self-esteem
- Helps join up society and combat loneliness
.Many people have knowledge or skills which they would love to share but don’t want to set up a formal course.
- People who have developed a hobby or an interest they want to share or pass on
- Older people with a lifetime of experience which can be lost when they retire.
- Amateur Musicians , Writers , Actors, Cooks and Artists want to share their creations
- People with more than one language who want to
- Young people who have done a course and want to share their enthusiasm
In the UK when people retire all the knowledge and skills of that person are lost to the community – there is often no way for that experience to be transmitted to the next generation.
How it works
- People will register on the App as a Sharer, a Learner or Both
- Sharers will specify what skills and knowledge they have
- Learners will specify what categories of things they want to learn
- The App will match Sharers to Learners and they can communicate securely through the App to set up sessions.
- The App will be initially local to Frome to pilot the idea
- Only available for over 18's
- Ability to report problems/ leave feedback
- Profiles and dialogues are monitored
- Widening the geographical area and adding a proximity filter
- Enabling popular sharers to set up classes rather than one-one
- Helping sharers to find venues for their classes.
Income & Costs
- The idea is that knowledge is shared for free so we will not charge for registration of sharers.
- We may set up a small fee for learners when they find a teacher.
- In the future we may bolt on a marketplace for advertising local paid courses and take commission.
- After the idea is piloted then we may attract grants from funding bodies.
- Functional Specification: Free – time already donated
- Technical Specification, Coding and Testing: £5,000 - £8,000
- Hosting: In initial phase, Free
- Domain Name: £25 per year
We have match funding secured for the Tech Spec and coding up to £2500
We also have one coder who will give some time for free.